Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Craft #4: Tile Coasters

There is lots to report for 52 Weeks: 52 Crafts this week, but I of course have to start with this week's craft.

During Sew Mama Sew's Handmade Holidays this year, I came across this tutorial for tile coasters and I've had them marked on my to-do list ever since.

When it came time to make my own, I decided I'd try it out with some glass-tile coasters in various colours that I bought on sale at B&Q. Rather than follow the tutorial perfectly, I decided to make three sets - two with paper as suggested and one using an aztec-style patterned cotton fabric that happened to match the tile perfectly.

Here are my results:

Each colour coaster above represents one from a set of four, all of which have black felt bottoms so they sit nicely on your coffee table.

I've had mixed success with listing my auctions to end on a Sunday, so I'm going to try a mid-week listing which will appear tomorrow - with auctions ending next Wednesday February 15th.

After this week, any items which don't sell are going to be saved up and set aside for the project's first live event - which will be a table at Magpies and I Vintage and Craft Market, coming up on March 25th at the Mshed.

Please stay tuned for a post tomorrow featuring auctions and more information on this upcoming event.

...and now for a post-craft cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment